I owe this one to Sammy!
Sunday was nearly over and me and my friends had just about had enough with Contextuals; our end of term college project. I was craving EVERYTHING *something deep fried and smothered in chocolate* Shrek reference, inside joke, sorry, carrying on. Eating is what I do when I’m stressed, for some reason it’s hard wired into me to run to the fridge whenever things get too much. Holler to all the other comfort/procrastination eaters out there, you’re not alone. Thankfully Sammy rushes in to save me. She’d been baking, because what other day is more perfect for it than a Sunday?! – she knows! When I saw them, my heart sank. “I can’t I’m sorry… I’m gluten intolerant” (if I was to have a catchphrase, I think this would be it). Story of my life.
But! to my surprise… “So am I!” she responded. You can imagine how my eyes lit up. Girl you are a genius. Gluten-free corn-flake cakes. HOW did I not think of this before?! I used to love these as a child, but ever since being diagnosed with chronic IBS I have stayed far, far away from anything breakfast cereal related.
BUT NOW….. I DO BELIEVE I HAVE BEEN CHANGED FOR GOOD
#queuespontaneousscreaching #elphabadreams #notevensorry
What You’ll Need:
- 3 Cups GoFree Gluten Free Honey Flakes – (found these in Sainsbury’s)
- 100g Dark Chocolate – (or use whatever you have laying around – i’m sure you’ll have no trouble licking the bowl if there’s some left over)
- 3 tsps Peanut Butter – I used Meridian Coconut & Peanut Butter If you’re confused by cup measurements, then use this converter! ←
- Pour the Honey Flakes into a large bowl.
- Melt the chocolate and peanut butter over a low-medium heat until thoroughly melted (try to resist temptation to microwave.. this mixture burns easily)
- Prepare a baking tray and line with baking parchment or tinfoil.
- Cover the Honey flakes in the chocolate mixture and mold into balls! You should make around 20 but go ahead and make less by making them bigger!
- Place on the tray and let them sit in the refrigerator for around 25 minutes.
And that’s your lot! Simple. Fun & blumming lovely!